Sometimes coming up with ideas to write about is not always easy for me. Don’t get me wrong, I can be creative but writing is hard. LOL I do really love blogging my most recent newborn or maternity sessions though. Showing off those gorgeous babies or expectant mamas is really where my passion lies. All things motherhood is a favorite of mine as well.
Life can be hard and parenting can be harder but sometimes we just need to focus on the little things. Sometimes the best things in life ARE the little things. Focusing on joy is something the world needs more of…and fast! From the big stuff to the small stuff….I have so much to be thankful for.
What Makes you Happy?? Here’s mine.
- My 4 kids who are so unique and funny and amazing in their own way. They are the best of me and my reasons for everything.
- My husband who still keeps me laughing even after almost 14 years of marriage
- My family which is pretty fantastic. I have an amazing immediate family and a large extended family and my heart bursts with love for each and every person in it.
- My bestie…because well, she’s my person.
- Oh yeah, and I have the best friends.
- Dogs…dogs make me happy. I love them. They just exude happiness and when I see a Lab walking down the street I just want to hug it. I don’t because that would be weird (and maybe a bit unsafe) but I want to.
- Knowing God loves me, for me
- I know this one maybe weird but I love Winter and snow and cold weather.
- Christmas…all things Christmas. I could live in Christmas-land all year long. I think it makes my family crazy because I start Christmas music before Thanksgiving. Not August, mind you, but maybe a week or so early.
- Watching snowfall is definitely one of my favorite things to do. It just feels so quiet and peaceful.
- Being outside. Fresh air is good for the soul.
- Green tea, the Tazo brand, Zen. YUM
- Fall leaves and crisp cool air
- Action movies that make me laugh
- Ok, just going to the movies with a friend is pretty great
- A good book
- Watching my favorite tv show. Grimm anyone?
- Helping others
- Being the best me I can be is something that I strive for always but it does bring me joy to put forth the work and see the results.
- Football makes me very happy. The off-season is too long. GO PATRIOTS
- The sound of my kids laughing, like really laughing that big belly laugh, makes my heart fill with love.
Even Work Makes me Happy
- Those wrinkles on the foreheads of newborns when they are looking around
- My job. Yes, I am serious. From newborns to maternity to cake smashes. I love it all. You know that saying “If you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life”? Well it’s true.
- The relationships I am making as a part of my business
- Knowing and feeling part of a sisterhood of colleagues. And let me tell you I am part of a pretty amazing tribe of gals and I adore them all.
- My clients…I may be biased but I have the best!
- Newborn toes, c’mon who doesn’t love those little piggies?
- The smell of babies fresh from the bath
- Being a photographer and photography in general. I love taking pictures!
- Hugs and cuddles from my kiddos
- Being strong, emotionally and physically (I may still be working on the physically one though but I’m getting there)
- Being in the mountains and surrounded by trees
- I love sitting on a lake’s shore and listening to the sound of the water gently lapping against the shore. I could listen to that all day.
- And well just sitting outside (as long as it is not too hot) doing nothing
- I love traveling and exploring new places.
- Listening to my kids play and talk to each other when they think no one is listening
- Cookies…did I mention cookies? No? Well they are my favorite, especially frosted sugar cookies.
- The color red
- Good music
- Going for a walk outside and just being able to soak in the Earth’s beauty
- Seeing rays of sunshine coming through the trees
- Learning new things
- Old wooden structures like barns, churches and bridges
- Quiet. I have four kids so it’s rare but golden.
- My biggest joy, though, is when my kids tell me they love me. My daughter right now when she says, “My love you” because she’s 3 and doesn’t quite say it right yet.
Honestly, I feel like this list could be never-ending.
What’s Your List
So now that I have given you my list. Well the part of my list that springs to mind anyway. I would love to hear what makes you happy. So let’s spread some joy around today. Your joy can be anything from personal stuff to professional or your favorite color to your favorite movie or your favorite piece of clothing. I would love to hear from you. Drop me a line or comment below with your “happy”.
Please feel free to share this blog with anyone you think may need some happy today or maybe just some extra reading.
Love! Recently shared a similar post on my blog as well. It feels so good to focus on the positives!